The Assessment Review is an online publication that supports the work of faculty, staff, and graduate students at the City University of New York (CUNY) as well as academic institutions across the country. This publication showcases research, articles, reviews, and success stories within the following categories:
Improvement of teaching and learning
- Student learning, curriculum improvement, evidence-based teaching, program development and implementation, academic assessment, and inclusive pedagogy.
Improvement of administrative and student support services
- Student learning within nonacademic units, administrative assessment, program development and implementation, as well as service delivery.
Theory and policy in higher education
- Theories and policies related to assessment and evaluation in higher education and their impact on teaching, learning, and institutional effectiveness.
- This publication also serves as a resource for the Middle States Council on Higher Education (MSCHE) and program accreditation news, past and upcoming conferences, and both system and institutional initiatives.
- Richard LaManna, Bronx Community College
- Brian Buckwald, Hunter College
- Joel Bloom, Hunter College
- Vicki Cedeno, Borough of Manhattan Community College
- Tammie Cumming, Brooklyn College
- Bryan Dowling, Borough of Manhattan Community College
- Karen Kapp, CUNY Central Office
- Isana Leshchinskaya, Brooklyn College
- Nazia Naeem, York College
- Michael Seelig, Medgar Evers College
- Melissa Sultana, Baruch College
- Francesca Teora, CUNY Graduate Center
The Assessment Revew is a publication of the CUNY Assessment Council.
The CUNY Assessment Council is a university-wide group of assessment/institutional effectiveness leaders from the CUNY colleges. The mission of the City University of New York (CUNY) Assessment Council is to foster a culture of assessment and evidence-based decision making within CUNY and among its constituent colleges by identifying, developing, and communicating best practices in assessment.
This entry is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International license.
- Academic Affairs
- Administrative Units / AES
- Education Reform
- Formative Assessment
- Fostering Culture
- Literature Reviews
- Spotlight on People
- Success Stories
- Vol 1, Issue 1 (Feb 2020)
- Vol 1, Issue 2 (Jul 2020)
- Vol 2, Issue 1 (Sept 2020)
- Vol 3, Issue 1 (Nov 2021)