Open Call for Senior Editors
April 18th, 2022
The Senior Editors will facilitate the overall quality of the publication and oversee the review process. Time commitment will fluctuate throughout the year; however, an average of 1-2 hours per week will be anticipated, slightly more at publication.
The CUNY Assessment Council is seeking to recruit three Senior Editors for The Assessment Review, a City University of New York (CUNY) publication. The Assessment Review is an online publication that supports the work of faculty, staff, and graduate students at the City University of New York (CUNY) as well as academic institutions across the country and beyond. Additionally, it serves as an information center for Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) news, past and upcoming conferences, and both the university system and institutional initiatives.
As with all positions at The Assessment Review, the Senior Editor position is a voluntary service position.
The positions are for two-year appointments.
- Oversee the editorial review process. Submit the accepted manuscripts for each issue to the publisher according to the schedule agreed upon.
- Oversee and periodically revisit the mission, direction, and scope of the publication in consultation with the editorial board, publisher, and CUNY Assessment Council.
- Seek opportunities to promote the publication along with the editorial board and publisher.
- Make final decisions regarding the acceptance of articles; make certain the review process is completed in timely manner and that authors receive constructive feedback.
- See that the publication follows ethical policies, and that authors are treated with fairness, courtesy, objectivity, and honesty.
This entry is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International license.
- From the Assess@CUNY Staff (Vol 1, Issue 2) on
- The Potential and Pitfalls of Net Promoter Scores (NPS) as a “Business World” Metric in Academic Assessment on
- Combatting a Compliance Mindset by Advocating for Betterment on
- Interview: with Dr. Natasha Jankowski on
- How 20 Years of Education Reform Has Created Greater Inequality on
- Academic Affairs
- Administrative Units / AES
- Education Reform
- Formative Assessment
- Fostering Culture
- General Education
- Literature Reviews
- Spotlight on Methods
- Spotlight on People
- Success Stories
- Vol 1, Issue 1 (Feb 2020)
- Vol 1, Issue 2 (Jul 2020)
- Vol 2, Issue 1 (Sept 2020)
- Vol 3, Issue 1 (Nov 2021)
- Vol 3, Issue 2 (Apr 2022)
- Vol 4, Issue 1 (May 2023)