From the Assess@CUNY Staff (Vol 1, Issue 1)
The mission of the City University of New York (CUNY) Assessment Council is to foster a culture of assessment and evidence-based decision making within CUNY and among its constituent colleges by identifying, developing and communicating best practices in assessment.
We welcome you to Volume 1, Issue 1 of Assess@CUNY, an online quarterly publication of the CUNY Assessment Council that supports the Council’s Mission. In this first issue we bring you five articles, all written by CUNY faculty and staff.
The articles vary in scope and areas of interest:
- A memoir on the formation and history of the Assessment Council.
- Lessons learned from student absenteeism in a first-year program
- Detailed, practical approach on the assessment of “administrative, educational and student support” services.
- Detailed and documented in-depth look (and a little advice) for those meeting accreditation evaluation teams and the role of faculty in accreditation.
- Improving a writing-intensive French language/literature class.
The Assessment Council invites you to join us and to contribute as we share ideas, practices, and experiences designed to improve teaching and learning across CUNY.
To learn more about the newsletter, see ‘Submission Policies‘ and ‘About Us‘. ‘Subscribe‘ to receive email notifications for new issues.
The Assess@CUNY Staff
- Rendi on The Potential and Pitfalls of Net Promoter Scores (NPS) as a “Business World” Metric in Academic Assessment
- Perhotelan on Combatting a Compliance Mindset by Advocating for Betterment
- Administrasi Bisnis on Interview: with Dr. Natasha Jankowski
- RPLA on How 20 Years of Education Reform Has Created Greater Inequality
- Frances on Ensuring Student Success: Using Formative Assessment as the Key to Communication and Compassion Among Faculty, Students, and Staff
- Academic Affairs
- Administrative Units / AES
- Education Reform
- Formative Assessment
- Fostering Culture
- General Education
- Literature Reviews
- Spotlight on Methods
- Spotlight on People
- Success Stories
- Vol 1, Issue 1 (Feb 2020)
- Vol 1, Issue 2 (Jul 2020)
- Vol 2, Issue 1 (Sept 2020)
- Vol 3, Issue 1 (Nov 2021)
- Vol 3, Issue 2 (Apr 2022)
- Vol 4, Issue 1 (May 2023)